Today is Safer Internet Day. This year we’re working in partnership with Rotherham United Community Sports Trust to ensure the internet is safe and stimulating for everyone.
We’ve produced a video highlighting some key tips and points to remember to keep children safe online.
It’s very easy for children to be taken in by fake news or inaccurate content. Using the internet at school or at home is now a very important part of a child’s life. If used in the right way it’s a great place to learn new facts or skills and gain valuable research for tasks or homework.
Here are some key tips and points to remember:
- Don’t believe everything you read.
- Be nice, positive and show respect. Help others out if they are upset.
- Tell an parent or adult if you are worried or upset by something you’ve seen.
- NEVER share your personal details online with anyone.
- Block, mute or report anyone you think isn’t behaving correctly.
- NEVER agree to speak to or meet with anyone offline.
- If you’re unsure about anything you read or see, speak to a parent, carer or teacher.
Together for a better internet on 9 February 2021!
For more information about Safer Internet Day 2021, please visit www.saferinternet.org.uk